This design is Mandy Olach's third release in a series of beanies all inspired by the flora, fauna, countryside and wildlife of Northmavine - the beautiful area of the North Mainland of Shetland which she is blessed to call home.
'As a child I would spend hours picking wild flowers from the verges and banks near our home. Making daisy chains, blowing dandelion clocks and of course hunting for a lucky four leafed clover! My design has been based on the different colours of clover in the open ground near our home here and I hope the four leafed clover motif brings you luck too!'
The beanie is knitted entirely in the round, bottom up and starts with a corrugated rib. Decreases at the crown are done by using Centred double decreases - CDD and a link is included below if you are unfamiliar with this technique.
• Jamiesons Of Shetland Spindrift 100% pure Shetland wool (105m/25g) 1x 25g ball of each of the following shades
• A: Purple Heather 239
• B: Raspberry 1260
• C: Old Rose 556
• D: Sorbet 570
• E: Natural White 104
• F: Sand 183
• G: Oyster 290
• H: Camel 141
• I: Lipstick 575
• 1 set of 2.5mm DPN or preferred method for working in the round
• 1 set of 3mm DPN or preferred method for working in the round
• you may wish to change to DPN for working the crown if using circular needles
• tapestry needle for weaving in ends • balloon or hat blocker
• stitch marker
One size to fit average size adult head. Finished circumference 52.5cm/21”
32st to 32 rows to 10cm/4” over stranded colourork in the round after washing and blocking. Use 3mm needles as starting point for checking gauge. Please check your gauge carefully and adjust needle size accordingly.
For those unfamiliar with CDD you may find the following link useful
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.